[Coco] RiBBS

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:49:06 EDT 2008

Ron Bihler wrote:
> Ok,
> So I have been sucked back into the Coco Community.  After doing some
> research I can't beleive the following is as strong as it is.  Lot's
> of passon and opionons make it very interesting.
>
> So can someone update me, when I left the MM1 was being intoduced and
> only a few of the first editions where being released.  Much of my
> interest is in what happened to RiBBS,
John Donaldson was doing some updating and porting of RIBBS to the MM1.
He decided to leave his job here in Houston and move to West Viginia.
When he did I bought all his Coco OS9 stuff. Shortly after the Penn Fest
I sold everything I had at the Chicago Fest.

Do not remember who bought it. Maybe someone in this group does. It was
on 5 1/4 inch floppies and the MM1 hard drive.  Boisy was it you who
bought the computer that John had built from a Paul Ward kit?

To keep this update going, Kevin Pease designed a MM1 for Keisler (thats
not right, guy who wrote 'ar' the compression thingy) Electronics.
Several people sold it. Bill Whitman, for one. Later David Black took
over marketing it.

John is in the Dallas area now. I get e-mails from him several times a
week. Do not know if he is still subscribed to this list, maybe Dennis
can look at the file and say yes or no.

Regards,
Dave