[Coco] [Color Computer] RE: Done

random_rodder at yahoo.com random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 15:40:47 EDT 2008

Well, I'm pretty silent on here trying to watch an learn. Had several coco's and still have a few including a repack project I started two years ago. I've learned a ton on this list and hope I continue to.

However, I thought that the RoDVD project was a good idea in theory and I hope it or another project is completed. One thing that I hated to see was that fire retardant clothing seemed necessary just to read the replies; I will not contribute to that (hopefully).

There was a similar, albiet very short lived, discussion on the CoCoHut blog a little while ago re: copyrights and such. If you like, you can buzz over there and take a look as I do not care to retype it on a Blackberry. What I with say is this:

Reiterating a previous post; these are 15-25 (or so) year old magazines. Many of the people involved are unfortunately gone. I cannot even think of a company who advertised in them that is still around in its original form. Every other 8 bitter around has an electronic archive of some type (even the lowly Ti-99) that far exceeds what's availible for CoCo. Its high time that changed. I'm only 40 but not getting any younger, and I'm sure I've held up better than the paper these magazines were printed on!!!

I'm all for everyone scanning what they have. That just makes since. I'm willing to do this, tho I've only got 6 or so. I'd also recommend getting this off the main list. We don't need this to deteriorate into a Hexstar-esqe type deal with ppl getting warnings and kicked off and such...

Later,

Brian