[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: RAINBOW scans

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:34:33 EDT 2008

It is an needlessly complicated situation. Perhaps because we're such a
small group?. It is just because of that 'complication' everything seems to
be approached with in regards of trying to keep the information alive, that
I feel the effort is tainted (thus my claim of not having an interest in
ever acquiring the product)... too many hands on one tie and you'll end up
with a botched knot, or no knot at all.

I bet everyone here is aware of what copyright means. We're no lawyers... do
we really need a pro voice to come and tell us what everyone knows already?.
If an effort is ongoing to legally do everything so be it... just do it, the
law is on your side. But if someone else comes about and says "I have
scanned such and such and they're on my site" *WHY* jump on the righteous
wagon and start a holy war on copyrights this and copyrights that? yet once
again?. It gets boring, pretty much like a chewed up gum that has lost its
flavor and has gotten as hard as dried up silicone but still we chew.

I have photocopied articles of the magazine, both the Rainbow and Hot CoCo
and CCN and what have you, and have shared with fellow CoCo users all over
the world, SINCE THE DAYS OF THE GLORIFIED BBSs... and Fidonet... remember
the CoCo Echos? :-)

To a purist my statement above may read like the holy grail on piracy and
see me with a big black patch on my left eye, unworthy of perhaps even
posting here in this group and still have the nerve of calling myself a CoCo
nut. Tsk tsk...

-=[ Rogelio ]=-

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM, James Diffendaffer <jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com