[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: RAINBOW scans

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu Aug 14 21:10:56 EDT 2008

James,

I'm going to have to respectfully agree and disagree with your email. :-)

Personally if someone wants to scan the copies of Rainbow or any other
magazine they have and post it on the web that's their business and I wish
them the best of luck. I don't think there is any problem with someone mentioning
the legal implications of what they're doing. I do agree that there is
a bit of piling on that goes on. Interestingly enough none of the most vocal
are lawyers or have consulted a lawyer. With the regularity that this issue
seems to come up I think it's time we actually contact a lawyer and post
the opinion of a lawyer into a faq of some sort and post it from time to time.

I don't remember anyone actually threatening someone on list.

I personally am looking forward to the "rainbow on a dvd" disk to become available
so I can buy it.

Frank