[Coco] Looking for a DECB directory utlity

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Aug 14 18:40:51 EDT 2008

There was a stand-alone program I wrote called MENU.BIN on the Extended ADOS-3
disk that is similar to what he describes, and which, after being configured,
was also incorporated into the Ext. ADOS-3 EPROM as the MENU command.  I think
there was also an earlier version for the 32-column screen, not written by me,
that was called BOOT.BAS (or possibly BOOT.BIN) that was included with some
earlier ADOS versions.

These programs were based in part on the utility Tony was probably thinking of,
a program by Jeff Francis called "Disk Utility" or DUT, or something like that.
Marty Goodman, myself, and a few other people informally sold various copies by
word of mouth, sometimes through CoCo user groups, and forwarded the proceeds to
Jeff for a while;  I don't know of its ever having been formally marketed.  It
was in some ways more powerful than the MENU command in Ext. ADOS-3, in that it
could do formatting and also had a handy "Super Copy" feature that allowed the
user to highlight a subset of files to be copied from one disk to another in a
single operation, and a "Super Kill" feature for similar selective file
deletions.

Art