[Coco] Fw: RAINBOW scans

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Thu Aug 14 15:41:58 EDT 2008

There's been a lot of talk here about what's legal and what's not legal.
Sadly none of the people commenting are lawyers. Maybe it's time for us
to contact a lawyer and find out what the exact legalities are. My understanding
is that there was a contract between the person heading up the "rainbow on a dvd"
project that is still valid even after his death. There was also a post by the
person (sorry I don't remember the name. no slight intended) that the project is
moving forward. All the magazines have been scanned and are currently being converted
into their final form for the dvd. When the conversions are made and the disk is
"mastered" the disks will be sold and the terms of the contract made with Lonnie
will be fullfilled<sp?>.

I don't know how much longer it will be before the disks are available for sale
but it may be a good idea for everyone and their brother and sister to hold off
scanning their copies and making them available for download in clear violation
of copyrights. It may cause the current owner of the works to cancel the agreement
that's in place for the "rainbow on dvd" project!! It would also be nice if the person
managing the project would post a sentence or paragraph from time to time to let us
know how things are going.

Frank