[Coco] Status update

Ty S ty140 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 24 22:28:55 EDT 2008

To all,

In light of the recent [not so kind] threads, I thought I'd clarify what's happening with my original project proposed some 9-odd months ago.  Like most on this list, a lot of changes in my life have taken my free time away and left many project unfinished.

As I haven't had time to be an active member in this community, I've taken enjoyment in reading what e-mails I have time for and learning about a machine which I grew up with, albeit without anything peripherals beyond a stock 128k CoCo3.  Far be it for me to interject with my own ideas and opinions when I can't find 15 minutes to respond to some messages.  :)

My hardware single step unit is still sitting as a schematic, with most simulation work done 4 months ago.  When I'll have time to build a prototype is beyond me.  The book I was working on which would help those get a better grasp on the electronics in the CoCo 3 is also, unfortunately, on hold.

Here's looking forward to 3 weeks off around Christmas this year!  Keep the great e-mails coming around -- it's always nice to learn bits and pieces as I get time.  Nevermind that this inbox has 350 odd unread e-mails... mostly from this group.

Kind Wishes,

Ty