[Coco] Falsoft, INCORPORATED

Bill Barnes da3m0n_slay3r at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 17:32:08 EDT 2008

Ok, Let's think a sec.
Lonnie Falk ran Falsoft.... Falsoft was incorporated, was it not? Rainbow bore the copyright belonging to FALSOFT,Inc.

Lonnie may have been the brains behind The Rainbow, and FALSOFT, Inc. AS it was incorportated, it is it's own entity.

cor·po·ra·tion ˌkɔrpəˈreɪʃən/ [kawr-puh-rey-shuhn]
–noun

1.
an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members. "Corporation." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 16 Aug. 2008. <Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Corporation>.

Hmmm, Falsoft, as a Corporation (i.e. Incorporated), would live on without Lonnie. Now, if upon his death, NOBODY took over for him, AND the the company dissolved, without transferring it's rights to any of it's assets, including The Rainbow Magazine... The Legal question is what happens to the copyrights?

Guess we need to find out if Falsoft, as a corporation lives in any way, shape, or form as a legal entitiy, and what assets were transfered from Falsoft to another party, (in regards to The Rainbow in particular).

If Falsoft is a legal entity no more, WHO has those rights? We presume Lonnie's estate.
IF Falsoft lives on as a legal entity, we need to deal directly with Falsoft, not Lonnie's estate regarding The Rainbow.
But, were the Falsoft assets transfered to his estate legally? (i.e. Coporate sale/transfer), or were they left with the company?
What happens to the assets of a company that is dissolved, yet did not transfer ownership of assets?

Im not a lawyer, just a business man who has a fondness for his first "real" computer, and would *love* to have his old hardware again. (I lost it when my Ex got rid of our storage, and I had no other place to store it...wish I had now.)

-Later!
 -WB-    -- BABIC Computer Consulting.

Message: 16