[Coco] Rainbow, and Hot Coco Scans

Michael Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Thu Aug 14 11:32:23 EDT 2008

I agree that the Coco community should be allowed to scan in and distribute
the Rainbow, but I am bound by my conscience to adhere to the agreement I
had with Lonnie of reporting any and all activities surrounding the scanning
and distribution of the Rainbow magazines to him.  Lonnie¹s death did not
nullify the agreement ­ it has a clause that states the agreement will pass
to Lonnie¹s estate in the event of his death.  Once his estate is informed
it¹s up to them to do something about it ­ I know Lonnie would have pursued
litigation but do not know what the stance of his heirs are.  They may not
care.  Also bear in mind that images of the entire Rainbow run has bee
acquired and there is a person in the process of creating .djvu files for
them ­ once this is completed they will be offered for sale as was stated at
the beginning of the project.

In regards to Hot Coco - I contacted the copyright holder of Hot Coco years
ago and they stated they will sue anyone who scans in the magazine and
distribute it.  I have no agreement with them and will not ³blow the
whistle² on any of your efforts, but you should at least take this into
account.

I wish you all good fortune in these endeavors, and am girding myself for
the inevitable and unfortunate flames I expect will follow.

Regards,
Michael Harwood