[Coco] Recovering from a stolen laptop

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:42:23 EDT 2008

My laptop was stolen from the tunk of my car recently. Apart from the
obvious loss, trying to remember what was on it is more of a problem.
My source code was backed up on a USB stick which was in a different
bag, also stolen with the laptop.

While I have been out of coco-land (again) for a few years, I started
thinking about all the coco files I had. All of the rom images are
gone, dsks, bins, docs, everything.
I lost the Edtasm patch (?) I bought from Robert Gault,and some
document published by Nick Marentes (I think)
I may have some of this stuff backed up on my desktop system.

Since I don't have a real coco3 any more, I had looked favorable on
the emulators, and still do.
I've just found VCC which is great, but I remember MESS and the others.

I've just downloaded the May 2008 disk for Nitros. Hats off to all the
hard working souls working on this- still.
I'm quite impressed!

I'm able to boot into NitrOS9 using Vcc. Since Vcc has an RTC in a
MPC, I'm still being prompted for the dat/time when I boot.
I probab;y need to cobbler a special disk to read the RTC ???

Would someone point me to what I need to know to set the RTC so that
when I boot I dont get prompted for date/time?
The downside of the emulators are when they aren't running, they loose time ;-)

I booted Nitros from an 80 track floppy, but I dont remember what I
need to do to write a bootable image to the HD that comes with
Vcc. I have to dig out my OS9 books- good thing I didnt toss them last
time I was cleaning the garage ;-)

BTW- if anyone knows how to reach the author of Vcc let me know.
I've emailed him at the address on his web page, but no reply in many days.

I have some technical things I want to ask, as well as congratulating
him on an excellent job.

Thanks