[Coco] Ok folks, found another one...

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 08:54:50 EDT 2008

From: "Rogelio Perea" <os9dude at gmail.com>
> ...this is yet another one of those crazy Ebay listings with outlandish
> expectations in terms of the initial bid and/or the buy-it-now price.
>
> What I found interesting about this auction post were the pictures of the
> CoCo hooked up to a big screen TV. Pretty neat, it'd be something to play
> D&D (as shown) in such a setup:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260233869880

I had been unaware that Plasma televisions did the same color artifacting as old regular NTSC CRT televisions.  That bit of knowledge by itself is worth the price of admission (though not worth the price being asked for the computer).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965