[Coco] Going, going...

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Apr 19 00:32:21 EDT 2008

At 11:04 PM 4/18/2008, you wrote:
>Bob
>
>My brother has a Satellite connection with a USB connected modem for his
>Notebook
>He lives in the mountains of North Carolina. He can use all over the
>country.
>I'm looking forward to reading your article in Mary Kramer's 2008 E-Zine
>.
>Happy Holidays.
>John

For almost a year I was on the web and maintained coco3.com via a PC
connected to my Sony Erricson cel phone.  It was $75/month for a data
connection (G3?) unlimited traffic but it was glitchy.  I had to
order a USB data cable which I still have (not endorsed or supported
by Cingular) but they offered the drivers through their site for the
connection and so forth.  You could drive down the road and keep a
constant connection as long as your phone would normally have good
power bars.  I had to hang the phone from my mini blinds to get a
good connection.  Still.   Wireless to a cel tower, and new at the
time according to Cingular, was being tested so I felt like a lab rat
while paying the high price and getting disconnected
occasionally.  The phone also got pretty hot.  :)

My first bill reflected $600+ of data fees but after I called they
"discovered" they made a billing mistake and they saw where I had
signed up for unlimited at the lower flat rate.  Talk about getting
mad.. they gave me the run-around for a few days before I forced them
to put somebody on the line who knew how their data departmemt
operated.  At the time, nobody knew crap except it was a new
feature.  Out of all those techies and gripy gut guys who didn't know
where the restroom was, finally a young lady who sounded maybe 20
explained the entire scheme like a professor would.  I hope they pay her well.