[Coco] FW: NEW 360k 5.25 Floppy Drive (Black Bezel) for sale!

John T Chasteen johnchasteen.2 at juno.com
Fri Apr 18 20:13:02 EDT 2008

Allen

Your plan sounds like a winner.
After you get the bugs worked out, I would like to know the details.
I have a Notbook PC that can burn CDs or DVDs.
I have Cloud-9 Drive Wire and Super IDE unit with CF and software
.
Maybe I'll see your story in Mary Cramer's  COCONutz! EzineCJohn
JJ
*****************
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:02:04 -0500 Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>
writes:
> On Apr 17, 2008, at 10:52 PM, Chad H wrote:
> > Hey, I just got a E-Bay second chance on this sale, but I was
> outbid
> > the
> > first go around and bought another one.
>

> Wow, you don't (I don't) see those much these days.  I guess the
> logical thing would be to ensure you have a good working 360K 5 1/4"
>
> floppy, then migrate everything possibly to disk images under
> RGB-DOS/
> HDB-DOS and the Cloud-9 IDE Compact Flash interface... Then disk
> image
> that flash part on a PC/Mac/Linux box for safekeeping.
>
> That's my plan, anyway.  Good to know these parts are still out
> there
> in case my floppies don't boot when I bright the CoCo back online
> this
> year.
>
> --
> Over 98,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
> Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com
> (1980's Retro Computing: I want my CoCo 4! www.coco4.com)
>
> Orlando (and other places) cheap luxury vacation offers - and I get
>
> credit!

http://www.WestgateResorts.com/or/index.cfm?acct=9009895609&sales=8664429
956&language=en