[Coco] Adding a CoCo 2 Case Fan

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 05:40:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering how those of you who have installed cooling fans in your
> original CoCo cases have done this.  Where did you draw the power?....

I installed two 1" super thin fans just underneath the top vents of my CoCo
3 (exhaust up). Decided against powering them using the CoCo power supply -
the thing is taxed as it is and as the fans don't run but in the hottest
days, I made the choice of mounting a fan power jack on the back of the case
where I plug in/off a dedicated small 5vdc power supply (really small, a USB
grade power adapter).

Before this two small fans setup I had a bigger more powerful fan mounted
underneath the keyboard, the airflow was set to exhaust to thru the bottom
of the CoCo case so the fresh air would be sucked in from the top vents,
flow over the Disto 512k RAM board and the other chips. It actually worked
VERY well but the fan was also very noisy, that's why I went to the current
ventilation setup.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-