[Coco] Java for 6809

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sat Apr 12 13:28:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 09:27:20AM -0700, Jim Hickle wrote:

> > ...and tell us HOW we should do it.  I thought a mailing list just re-mails whatever mail it receives.
>
> You want me to tell you how to send an original email?  Do you only
> ever reply to something that someone else sends to you?
>
> Just do the best you can -- I'm sure we will all cope.
>
> John
>
> P.S.  As for how mailing lists work, that really has nothing to do with
> this discussion.  In this case, it is just "garbage in - garbage out"
> for the list server.
> --
>
> So if I reply to a message and give it a new subject and mail it
> to coco at maltedmedia.com, that is different than making a new message,
> giving it a subject and mailing it to coco at maltedmedia.com ?  Does this
> involve message fields that almost none of us can see?

Ummm....yes.  Did you read the preceding messages in this thread?
I think I explained it fairly thoroughly, and the link I posted lasted
night had an almost identical explanation as well.

John

P.S. The message fields are there for you to see, BTW -- you might
need to ask your email client to display it, but they are there.
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com