[Coco] Java for 6809 (Re: your own album in the CoCo Gallery)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Apr 12 02:55:58 EDT 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008, John W. Linville wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:32:45PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
>> At 07:16 AM 4/10/2008, you wrote:
>>> Actually, you didn't really post a new topic.  You merely changed
>>> the Subject: line while replying to (presumably) the last message
>>> you saw on the list.
>>>
>>> Your message contains the following email headers:
>>
>> I personally couldn't manage the CoCo list in thread-separation mode on my
>> client, because of this very reason: I'm not the only one who hits reply
>> sometimes to post new topics.
>
>Ummm...OK.  But if it all the same to you, would you mind not doing
>it anymore?  It interrupts the mailbox flow of those of us who do
>use threaded message displays.
>
>BTW, I didn't make this up.  You didn't seem to like it when I
>suggested that you had "hijacked" the thread, but hitting reply to
>post a new topic is basically the definition of thread hijacking:
>
>	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

I have to agree with John here.  Depending on the mail agent, to post a new
message might be as easy for you as it is for me.  Here, using kmail on
linux, all I have to do to post a new thread message is to click on the lists
address as its is displayed in the much trimmed header info displayed here.
The send message editor opens with the lists address already filled in and
all I have to is fill in the subject line.  Voila, new thread that is not
connected to the old one being displayed in the read window.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)