[Coco] [Color Computer] Java for the m6809

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 23:46:35 EDT 2008

Oh really?

Did I miss the part where Java isn't just a bunch of byte codes but
also a bunch of APIs that require dynamic loading.
Did I miss the fact that to convert almost ANY Java program you need
to convert those as well?

Did I miss the part where even if my last program didn't use ANY APIs
at all it was still too large for a CoCo's 64K address space?

And don't even get me started on math and other things.

Look, you can convert small java programs that don't use the standard
APIs but almost everything uses those APIs so what's the point?

I should also point out that when you eliminate the interpreter you
also loose the run time protections that go with it.  Granted you
would probably only use this for an embedded project with your own
code... but still.  Who even makes a 6809 anymore?

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "John W. Linville"