[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Coco flash cartridge

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 26 18:49:48 EDT 2007

James Diffendaffer wrote:

> Based on CoCo3 high
> speed timing you should be able to use a 24 bit register for the
> counter and handle at least 5 seconds.

There's only a handful of flip-flops left in the EPM3032... perfectly
do-able in the 3064 of course for an extra USD or 2...

Was wondering about the SCS# decoding for the flash cart register space. I'd
imagine a lot (most?) of the commercial carts would actually have ROM data
mapped to that space, so running that code on this cart would be a problem!?!

I'll have to add a 'stealth' mode that disables the SCS# decode region when
you write a register bit... re-enabled by the cart reset button of course...

Regards,