[Coco] Coco flash cartridge - final PCB!?!

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Sep 20 11:12:39 EDT 2007

Mark McDougall wrote:
> OK, I'm happy with the PCB - I've added the mounting holes to the
> printout.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think a 16K/32K switch is do-able at this late
> stage - I wish I'd planned for it earlier... I _could_ do a hack that
> used 2 poles on the dipswitch but it's not very nice and incorrect
> settings would cause problems...
>
> It looks like we're going to try and put together the panel tomorrow
> and send it off - until then I'm not sure how many I'll be making...
> when I get the board back I'll build up a bare-minimum EPROM version
> and a fully-loaded FLASH version for testing.
>
> BTW what are the 'must have' cartridges - for testing purposes of
> course! The only ones I'm really familiar with on my list are DOD,
> EDTASM+, popcorn, canyon climber, mega-bug, clown & balloons, galactic
> attack and polaris. I've never played Demon Attack, but that looks
> good?!? And is Thexder a 16/32K cartridge, or does it have extra
> hardware?
>
> Regards,

Arkanoid is excellent (best played with the original stick, or a deluxe
set to free-floating on X and spring return on Y), Demon Attack is
pretty good, and Rampage isn't bad.  If Thexder has any additional
hardware it is integrated with the ROM under the same blob of epoxy,
AFAICT by peeping inside the cart from the front.

JCE