[Coco] BBS for coco

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:36:49 EDT 2007

Perhaps you refer to Richard Duncan's COBBS. The whole series appeared on
The Rainbow magazine, if I remember correctly it was with the September 1985
Telecommunications Issue (please correct me if I'm out of synch here).

This is a good place to start searching for the files:

http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/software/TANDY/RSDOS/COBBS/

I saw the ZIP archive and at first glance contains all the needed files,
some names have stuck in my memory since those days as I also braved the
becoming a BBS Sysop days :-)

Perhaps other archives of CoCo software have copies of the COBBS files. The
system was constantly hacked and modified as it was written mostly in Basic,
so it was sort of easy to customize. There were modifications done for use
in the CoCo 3, specifically the terminal driver; COBBS was better suited to
be used with the RS232 pak rather than the built in serial port - a couple
of drivers were done to allow so, with the trade off in functionality that
came from using the bi-banger.

The BBS Documentary site has lots of info on many BBS systems (
http://www.bbsdocumentary.com/)

-=[ Rogelio ]=-