[Coco] capturing CoCo video

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 06:28:25 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/18/2007 9:40:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
operator at coco3.com writes:

This is  a little issue I've had off and on for years when I've tried
to use  various PC capture devices to record live CoCo  video...

While I've never tried PC capture of CoCo video, maybe this experience will
help somewhat:

I have been using MWSnap to capture live video from _www.africam.com_
(http://www.africam.com)  (Nkorho pan), *but* it  doesn't
work on all OSs, only Windows 2000.  (go figure)  Also, if your  first
capture results in a blank/black
window, hit alt-ctrl-del but do not stop any process, just 'close'  and your
next capture will work.
(go figure).   MWSnap on W2K does not work for the National  Geographic site,
Botswana live video (go figure).

Using printscreen *seems* to work but it's a phantom in that what appears  to
be a capture, only works
so long as the live video window is open.  (go  figure).

Now that's enough 'figuring' for one morning.      ;-)            -ph