[Coco] CoCo 2 on Ebay - example of a good post

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 12:22:27 EDT 2007

Quoting Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com>:

> Check this out:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140158964083
>
> Not only it does NOT contain the misused *RARE* work anywhere,

If you want a humourous take on this check out :-

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/museum-wow.php

:)

>            it describes
> a CoCo very well for those who can make good use of that information: model
> & serial numbers clearly noted in the description. Plus a very well set
> sense of "this is an auction" by starting at $1.00 - had I not have so many
> 'spares' around I would gladly participate in the bidding.

Yeah I'm currently pruning my collection, mainly by ridding myself of
some of the old PC stuff...to make way for some of the rarer retro
stuff.

> Thought this was a good example of a properly set CoCo Ebay auction, while
> the information is not that abundant (some guessing there on the amount of
> RAM), the general idea is the one I feel as proper, being recently and
> frequently bombarded with auction posts stating an item as being 'rare' or
> taking a picture of the item without at least wiping the dust off the
> thing...
>
> Is that a beautiful PC or what? :-)

Indeed an example of how things should be listed :)

Cheers.

Phill.