[Coco] Coco proto board

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 17 01:45:09 EDT 2007

OK, I'm now looking at using an EMP364/128 100-pin TQFP CPLD.
There's _plenty_ of I/O. :)

I'm thinking of adding a socket for 27C256/512 & footprint for M29F040
(512KBx8) Flash. The flash will be programmable from the Coco.

All the cart pins (except SND) are routed to the CPLD. This would allow the
'address decode fix' for internal devices IIUC.

There's 16 GPIO lines and 8 external CS lines for add-on IO.

I'd imagine you could hook up one-wire/SPI devices at least. I2C might be
asking a bit much of the CPLD - I'm not sure?!?

Any other ideas? Should I add some dipswitches into the CPLD? LEDs? Was
going to route SND to the 'prototyping area' of the board...

Regards,