[Coco] make-do ROM Paks

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Sep 16 21:16:18 EDT 2007

At 06:03 PM 9/16/2007, you wrote:
>>From: Roger Taylor
>>Subject: Re: [Coco] make-do ROM Paks
>>Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:41:39 -0500
>>
>>Darren,
>>
>>That actually looks simple and nice.  What about the ground sides
>>of the edge connector (probably not needed, but just in case).
>>
>>Did you say that the ~$97 quote for 10 of those already includes shipping?
>-
>
>I don't think there is any need for the grounding tabs on a board
>with just an EPROM and capacitor (none of my game cartridges have them).
>
>The price quotes provided by the software include shipping. The
>fewest number of boards you can order is two ($71.29 for my layout).
>
>Darren

Right, ROM Paks normally won't have the ground prongs.  For extra
guidance, they are nice though.

Did you provide the etching files for that design and if so, have you
made it public, etc.?  I've seen other examples recently and I want
to be sure to not step on anybody's toes by picking the wrong one to
make a run of boards from.  I think I recall you asking for one or
more if they are made, and that is no problem.

Thanks for the tips

--
Roger Taylor