[Coco] Old Cocos and keeping them > was > Lucky ebay bidder

George colorcomputer at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Sep 9 15:46:27 EDT 2007

> At 10:40 AM 9/9/2007, you wrote:
>>Derrick,
>>Like I have already stated, they were listed for 2 1/2 years at $5. I
>>think that is more than long enough. I also stated that a trip to the
>>dumpster is a lot closer for me with no car than a trip to the post
>>office. and last, I am up in Canada, an no US person wants to pay the
>>prices for shipping. So yes, it's off to the dumpster.
>

> Ah, Glen... people will probably give you a hard time over that one, but
> with no personal hard feelings attached.  If anybody here would have
> mentioned the same thing, they would get feedback, no matter who it was,
> so don't take it personal, but there was a wierd sad feeling that came
> over me when I pictured 10 CoCo's being thrown out.  :)
>
> But everyone else should realize that so many of them have been thrown
> away over the years... think of how many thousands of CoCo's are in
> landfills somewhere.
>

> --
> Roger Taylor

 I agree with Roger. It does make me sad to see a coco get tossed. I do not
fault a person for doing so. I see old cars in the salvage yards that make
me sad also.  It really irks me to see old stuff given to the charities that
only sell the stuff as scrap, when a lot of those things can be salvaged and
restored.
 I'm into old stuff and as such, this saddens me to see some of these
classic items recycled into NEW JUNK.
 If a coco needs to be scrapped, at least it should go to a recycling center
where the copper, lead, gold, iron and plastic can be reclaimed, so it can
be used to make other things, even it does end up in a Windoze box.
 I"m not a tree hugger or an activist of anything. I do recycle, reuse,
rebuild. It's a matter of economics and personal gratification.

 It is comforting to know that old software doesn't need rebuilding and
can't be recycled. However, it can be modified and improved.