[Coco] 2764 EPROM

Darren A. darccml at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:10:57 EDT 2007

>From: "Bruce W. Calkins"
>Subject: Re: [Coco] 2764 EPROM
>Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:03:06 -0400
>
>Yes, the Radio Shack/Tandy  FD-502 takes a 2764, or with a hack, the 27128.

The FD-502 can actually accept a 2764, 27128, 27256 or 27512, so long as you
program your code into the highest 8K address space of the device. This is
because Tandy tied the A13, A14 and A15 address lines to +5V. If you want to
use 16K of the EPROM, then you need to disconnect the A13 pin from +5V and
connect it to the A13 pad on the card edge.

I often use an SST 27SF512 Flash EEPROM in my FD-502 to test modifications
to Disk Basic. It beats having to use a UV eraser.

Darren