[Coco] capturing CoCo video

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Sep 18 21:37:42 EDT 2007

This is a little issue I've had off and on for years when I've tried
to use various PC capture devices to record live CoCo video...

Some of the capture devices I've owned seem to freeze on
non-interlaced video.  The DVDExpress DX2 box which is USB based is
the latest device I own that also can't capture CoCo video.  If you
hit the CoCo Reset button or power on the CoCo, you can sometimes get
a single frame of CoCo video, but it's rare.  Almost always you get a
frozen frame of garbled video, but.. never more than a few frames.

I realize that a lot of people are using the emulators to fake a CoCo
screen capture or a running game (I do this myself), so I'm not
looking for that answer.  What I'm wondering is if there is some kind
of unit besides a VCR that the CoCo video can be routed through to
add the interlaced effect, or some trick?  Sock Master ?  :)

--
Roger Taylor