[Coco] "F" connector output - - WAS: RF switches for CoCo 1/2/3

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:41:07 EDT 2007

Indeed, such a setup (I prefer the straight arrangement) will convert the
CoCo's RF RCA jack into a standard "F" type - hooking up a suitable coax
cable to that will be MUCH better than with the switchbox. The standard fare
TV cable coax wire is far better for this application than the standard
RCA-to-RCA the CoCo came equipped with; RFI will be minimized, less wavy
patterns on the TV set.

Back in the days though - circa 1981, I actually didn't mind too much the
RFI (those moire patterns and assorted avant-garde displays), I was just SO
thrilled to be able to use a color capable computer AT home ON a regular TV
set :-)

-=[ Rogelio ]=-