[Coco] [Color Computer] Cartridge memory - mapping in and out

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 30 19:27:27 EDT 2007

Steve Bjork wrote:

> Don't do it because most of my game paks copy protection will also
> rewrite the data and crash the pak.

You can't write to the flash without (1) putting the cart in a special mode
and (2) using the correct 'programming/unlock' sequence on the flash. So
it's very doubtful that your pak will successfully write to the flash.

> Better to just decode the addressing yourself or create a special
> "blast" mode to write all the data to the flash at once.

There will in effect be a "blast" mode, whether it's a 1-byte blast or a
block blast I'm yet to determine...

Regards,