[Coco] Cartridge memory - mapping in and out

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 29 09:44:14 EDT 2007

Robert Gault wrote:

>  If you want to be sure the cart ROM is readable, you will have best
> success with a short ml program that forces the ROM mode and transfers
> the data from $C000-$DFFF to lower memory, say $4000-$5FFF. Return the
> Coco3 to the normal all RAM conditions and then check the contents of
> $4000-$5FFF.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Robert, much appreciated!

I need to actually address the *real* cartridge at $C000, because I need to
write to the flash chip on the board. Is there any reason why POKE 65502,0
(switch to ROM mode) isn't sufficient to do this? It would appear I can at
least read the cartridge contents from $C000 using this POKE...

Regards,