[Coco] OS9 Lev1 Ver2 / NOS9 Lev1

Gene heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 25 20:57:00 EDT 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007 17:52:25 Bob Devries wrote:
> I think it was Kevin Darling who wrote a utility to extract the files from
> the OS-9/NitroOS9 boot track, and save the 3 separate modules with a view
> to modifying them, and then rewriting them.
>
> For the life of me, I can't remember its name. Can anyone prompt my memory?
>
> --
> Regards, Bob Devries, Dalby, Queensland, Australia
>
> Isaiah 50:4 The sovereign Lord has given me
> the capacity to be his spokesman,
> so that I know how to help the weary.
>
> website: http://www.home.gil.com.au/~bdevasl
> my blog: http://bdevries.invigorated.org/

In either event, in addition to kutil, which doesn't to my knowledge save the
preamble in front of the boot module, it also doesn't save the IRQ entries
after os9p1, or it didn't when I tried it.  With those modules all saved, a
new boot track is a matter of the right command line for merge.

One of the reasons I wrote vfy all those years ago was to address those
concerns.  So get  copy of it from rtsi or Mark, and look at its options.

I think that should do the job.

--
Cheers. Gene
"There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty: