[Coco] OS9 Lev1 Ver2 / NOS9 Lev1

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Thu Oct 25 11:14:39 EDT 2007

Excellent! Thankyou.

I figured REL had to be there somewhere but I couldn't find it. Tricky
little devil. Gotta get it. Think ded @/d1 will do it?
I'm working straight stock Coco3-512k, I just use emulators to transfer
files back and forth.
OS9L1.2 with the rb1773 works great and boots great, no problems with
BOOT.

My problem is that I am unable to make a working bootdisk other than by
using DECB BACKUP.
I've tried every combination of single & double sided, 35, 40 and 80
tracks, AND cobbler and os9gen (both Nitro V1)

Why OS-9 1.2 and not NOS9 1? It goes back to the same trouble discussed
here many weeks ago about the OS9L2 vs NOS9L2 VDG TERM, some old games
and apps that insist, for some reason I cannot fathom, on NOT working
with NOS9 but do with OS9.
So bit by bit I intend to learn all I can and get to the bottom of this.
Even if it takes me years, which it will, considering everything I've
got to learn! But the REAL reason is that messing around with all this
is a great way to kill a couple of hours each day.

I take it that "OS" in the T34S1 list below is just that, ASCII "O" and
"S", not a file, in order to meet the DECB DOS command's requirement.
Also I assume that what you mean by T34 "S1" is side one of two.