[Coco] Fwd: Re: 32K carts? Arkanoid etc

Joef6809 joef6809 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:17:43 EDT 2007

Ok it looks like Arkanoid does use 32K external mode. Heres the trace of all
writes to port 0xFF90:
0: writing port 90 with A
1: writing port 90 with CE
2: writing port 90 with CA
3: writing port 90 with C8
4: writing port 90 with CA
5: writing port 90 with CE
6: writing port 90 with CC
-------Loaded card here-----------
7: writing port 90 with A
8: writing port 90 with CE
9: writing port 90 with CA
10: writing port 90 with C8
11: writing port 90 with CA
12: writing port 90 with CE
13: writing port 90 with CC
14: writing port 90 with 7F

Is there any special way you are writting to the memory card? It seems
arkanoid is "copy protected". It seems to try to overwrite itself twice!
If your cart just allows direct writes to memory locations then I'm sure
thats your problem.