[Coco] CoCo emulation on a Compaq Internet Appliance?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Oct 22 14:39:25 EDT 2007

At 01:47 PM 10/22/2007, you wrote:
>I just remembered....
>The port on the side is actually a PCMCIA. I had to use a CF to
>PCMCIA adapter...
>Maybe other PCMCIA cards can be used? I seem to remember that it
>only has one slot that is needed for the CF card....
>
>Diego

Bummer.  That's an extra part needed.  I thought I'd been reading
that the slot is for CF cards, but I guess I'm wrong.  In that case,
it might be wise to also check for a PCMCIA-based memory card
instead.  Ofcourse with my luck there's plenty available but maybe
can't be booted from.

So tell me more about your CoCo emulation in the Compaq unit so I can
at least know that Keil's or JV's emulator will run at a decent speed
or faster, etc.  Will it run the JV CoCo 3 emulator?  Did you ever
boot into a NitrOS-9 .dsk image.

Thanks for the info.