[Coco] Rainbow on Disc Project

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 15:29:34 EDT 2007

Since it looks like the project is now dead in the water at what point does it become ok to have coco community members scan the Rainbow Magazines and have them for anyone to download in .PDF format? The company that published is long out of business, the copyright holder has passed away and as far as I can see scanning them in to archive  would have no financial effect on anyone.

I know this question may stir up some emotion and thats not the purpose in my asking.  If the rainbow on Disk  project dies do we as a community never archive the Rainbow magazines which was one of the main contributers to the CoCo for nearly 15 years? There are a few members of the community who have disk and tape images of Rainbow on Disk and Tape on their web sites (I for one am thankful to have these available.) How is having those Rainbow disk and tape images archived and up for download any different than having the Magazines in .PDF format? I am not talking about selling the Rainbow Magazines PDF's but having them up freely for anyone who wants them. I have a couple of years complete in my Rainbow Magazine collection and I would be willing to scan what I have in if it becomes a community effort.

Again I am not asking to cause trouble but at this point I do feel it's a valid question that should be addressed by the coco community.

Derek

Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com> wrote: At 11:15 AM 10/18/2007, you wrote:
>The agreement currently in place is valid only for me, and I am
>discontinuing my involvement in the project.

My 2 cents...

Someone should present the current agreement to Lonnie's wife/family
to show that it is what Lonnie wanted.  Hopefully, a new agreement
can be made or the current one verbally agreed to be finished by a
designated party.  If this is what Lonnie wanted, I see no reason why
they wouldn't work with you.

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **