[Coco] Glenside IDE Controller Question...

Randy Just randyjust at comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 11:07:24 EDT 2007

After swapping out a few drives and changing my controller to a FD-501, the
thing came to life.  While the IDE card was plugged in and power on, I changed
the jumper to 70 from 50 and then the thing starting working.  I am a
bit puzzled
as I thought the floppy was at 70 and per the Glenside doc, the
jumper should be
in the 50 setting with a multipak controller.  Oh well.  At least I
know the card is
reporting a real life hard drive on the end of it.  I also used an 80
pin cable.  Don't
know if it helped, but...

OK.  My OS9 knowledge is pretty limited.  I am very good with
operating systems (DOS
level commands, etc), but when it comes to configuring boot diskettes
and setting
up descriptors, that is alien talk to me at the moment.

Is there a step-by-step procedure I can find somewhere to get a boot
diskette set-up where
I can lformat the drive?

Also, I see the update files for the IDE controller, but what is the
process to get them copied
to 5.25" floppy diskettes?  Are CoCo diskettes in the same format as
DOS and I just need
a DOS machine with a 5.25" drive to copy the files over?

Randy