[Coco] 32K carts?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 22 10:52:43 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Is there anything special about a 32K cart?

I'm trying to work out why I can't get Arkanoid or Rampage to run out of
EPROM on my cart board. I assumed the top 16KB would get mapped into $C000
and the ROM bootstrap code then enables the full 32KB of external ROM space.
But it would appear to me that Arkanoid at least doesn't do this.

What I think is happening atm is that when I enable the 32KB jumper on my
cart, the internal and external ROMs both drive when the CPU is accessing
memory from $8000-$BFFF and it's not a pretty sight... :(

So I'm wondering how 32KB carts actually function?!?

Regards,