[Coco] obscure programming languages was Re: books

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 30 22:42:33 EST 2007

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> Try h aving to learn PL3 for a Computer in Management Course in 1971.
> Had to use IBM punch cards and ru nit on an IBM370. Get two or more
> cards out of order of about 250 cards and that is a pain in the royal to
> debug.

I seriously missed punched cards by just 1 or 2 years at uni - thank
goodness! I knew someone a few years ahead of me in my course who did use
punched cards.

I did, however, use a 370 in my 1st job out of uni. Even started the
self-taught assembler course... then ditched mainframe administration for PC
development shortly after. Now of course I'm twiddling bits in FPGAs...
perhaps I need to become a semiconductor physicist next! ;)

Regards,