[Coco] obscure programming languages was Re: books

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Nov 30 21:14:30 EST 2007

On 1 Dec 2007 at 11:29, Mark McDougall wrote:

> I was *forced* to study COBOL in my Computer Science degree back in
> '84. In fact I even did at least one of my assignments in RSCOBOL on
> my TRS-80 Model 4P - boy that was painful, even with 2 floppy drives.

**********************

Mark

Try h aving to learn PL3 for a Computer in Management Course in 1971.
Had to use IBM punch cards and ru nit on an IBM370. Get two or more
cards out of order of about 250 cards and that is a pain in the royal to
debug.

Once saw a person with a  box of 2500 cards drop the lot and scattered
them over the floor. Took hours to reasemble the cards in proper order.

The only good thing about those punch cards was the confetti that they
produced. It took my cousin 6 months to get the ten pounds of punch card
confetti out of  his car.

james