[Coco] Hello!

Ty S ty140 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:02:54 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

I have little experience with MESS and its utilities, hence my need to fill a (perceived) void with hardware.  Although what I'm describing could be used for debugging ROM paks / software, it can also be used to debug hardware.

I envision a unit which holds HALT* low until the user allows a single pulse of appropriate width to allow one clock cycle to be executed on the 6809.  Address and data buses would be latched to show you what was seen last by the 6809 before it is HALTed again immediately.

As you stated, I fully agree that the MESS debugger would be much more appropriate for debugging software -- I hope nobody is burning their software to an EEPROM and trying to debug it on a CoCo.  :)

Regards,

Ty