[Coco] Fwd: save the internet

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at verizon.net
Thu Nov 29 18:30:17 EST 2007

I still have a landline.  Cell service out in this neck of Virginia is
ok (mediocre, but good enough), but as we in the safety community
always like to avoid a "single point of failure", it's nice to have a
land-line backup.  My land-line plan works like a cell plan (call
anywhere in the US), so we can still use the fax here.

On another topic, thanks to all who have responded regarding my recent
post about controlling a model railroad with a computer.  I was
considering getting one of the controllers, but then stumbled across my
copy of Forrest Mimms "Engineer's Notebook" and will probably at least
try to do something creative.  In view of the recent telephone posts,
maybe I'll make some sort of pulse decoder circuit to activate relays
for the railroad or something....   So many projects, so little time...

                                 - Aaron