[Coco] CoCo3.com security measures

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Nov 24 19:00:30 EST 2007

At 12:04 PM 11/24/2007, you wrote:
>Just a quick question here...
>
>   within the PHP scripting and the MySQL database, is all the user
> sensitive data encrypted via hash code, cypher, or other encryption
> methods? (simple yes or no, as more than that may be TMI )

*YES* it is.

And again, luckily we're just a chat/meet site with no financial or
personal identity information stored.  I think when a bot or person
detects PayPal payment buttons on a site, it might try to extract
what it can from the server in hopes that there are PHP or Perl
"PayPal Integration" scripts somewhere which might include login
information and so forth.  I don't have any of that.

The fact that the hacker(s) deleted my e-mail accounts raised the
question of whether it was a bot or a disgruntled person.