[Coco] Fedora 7 updater error

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Nov 19 23:23:25 EST 2007

On Monday 19 November 2007, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 09:40 PM 11/19/2007, you wrote:
>>On Monday 19 November 2007, Roger Taylor wrote:
>> >Gene?  Does anyone know how to fix the Software Updater in Fedora
>> >7?  I did a batch update to the latest stuff the other day and now
>> >the updater itself won't run, reporting "unable to start due to a
>> >configuration error".
>> >
>> >I guess I'm looking for the console command "yum" or something that
>> >might do the trick, but I'm not good with that stuff.
>>
>>I have used both yum(ex) and smart with decent luck.  ISTR there was a bad
>>python file that got into the works somehow but that was 2-3 weeks ago &
>>should be cleaned up by now.
>>
>>Email me privately with the error message, I might be able to sort it but
>> no warranty. :)
>
>That WAS the error message :)   "Unable to start due to a
>configuration error".  Clicking on Details shows -> "none".

Humm, have you manually edited or deleted anything in the /etc/yum or yum.d
directories?

Better yet, mount the install cd and go into the RPMS directory on it and see
if you can find a file named 'fedora-release-*.rpm' and use the -F freshen
switch & see if rpm will fix it.  If that don't, then my bets on a python
problem of some kind.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)