[Coco] Heavy hearts...

Nuxie at aol.com Nuxie at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 14:03:23 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/16/2007 4:15:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

On  Friday 16 November 2007, Nuxie at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated  11/16/2007 6:06:59 A.M. Central Standard  Time,
>
>dave at cococentral.org writes:
>>   Greetings;
>>
>> It is with some sadness that I am  advising  everybody that my oldest
>> daughter,
>>  Barbara, passed about 2:30  CST last Friday morning, from stomach  cancer.
>>
>> Somehow, one  isn't supposed to outlive  his kids, but Barbara was the last
>>  of
>> my girls,  leaving only the youngest brother of the 3 I made with  Annie
>>  Lucille Sweet.
>>
>> I made a trip to Iowa about 3   weeks ago to say goodbye, stayed most of 2
>> weeks, I couldn't not  do  that, a long (3100 miles total) trip alone in my
>> GMC, but  worth every  mile and cent.
>>
>>  --
>
>Gene I can't even Imagine what that is like. My prayers are  with you. This
>is the saddest news for  anyone.
>((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) to you and  your  wife.
>
>Mary

Thanks Mary.  What was  rough was that everybody but her knew it was
terminal,
but she hadn't been  told "because they give up too fast then" so we all had
to pussyfoot  around it in our conversations with her or where she could
hear.

But she was not a dummy, tested around 130 way back then and when the  nurse
was there on Wednesday, 9 days ago and weighed her, she stared at  the 89 lbs
it said and saw the truth, which was that she was losing the  battle.  Must
have taken 30 seconds before the small talk was  resumed.  That was a 12 lb
loss in the 9 days since she came home  from the hospital.  After that it was
a little easier to talk, for me  at least.  We both knew that the gentle hug
&
kiss & "I love  you" were going to be the last on this side as I was leaving.

Gentle  because by that time her back was on fire, the morphine wasn't
helping
all  that much.