[Coco] traveling to Iowa

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 17 03:31:42 EST 2007

On Saturday 17 November 2007, nuxie at aol.com wrote:
>Hey there Gene,
>
>I dont know how to help in a situation like this. Do you need to travel any?

I've been there already, Mary.  I figured I would do her far more good
visiting while she still lived than coming to the funeral.

> I think some of have some frequent flier miles or something if you need to
> Sometime when it is less painfull for you I would like to hear about your
> daughter. Did she have kids, how old was she?

Thanks for the offer, but I don't really need it, I do have some money in the
bank yet.

She left her husband Shawn, and 5 children.  2 girls by a failed 1st marriage
and who live close enough to her to day visit, each with a husband and a pair
of curtain climbers that plumb wore Barbara out when they both came the same
day, another girl about 22 & out on her own for several years with a
surprisingly sensible boyfriend & 4 years into a 4 year nursing degree that
may take 6 because she's working also, not to mention she comes in and does
kitchen patrol & cooks 2-3 times a week since Barbara got sick, I asked her
when they were getting hitched & she said "I dunno, but he's stuck with me"
(and she's a chubby living doll!) and 2 teenage boys still at home and in
school, one, 17 & due to report for boot camp as soon as a leg injury heels.
That one has crawled into an on-line computer game and will need a wakeup
call at some point.  The youngest is 15, a foot taller & 150 lbs heavier than
Shawn, now on a diet so he can pass the physical when the time comes.  And
he's pretty sensible to boot, so he'll get on ok as will all the girls.  4
are pretty much giddyup-gogo people even when the chips aren't down.
Self-starters.  As is Shawn himself.

So just from Barbara I'm a grandpa 5 times and a great grandpa 4 times, a
regular population explosion. :)

She was 49.

Thanks.

--