[Coco] PS-2 Mouse on CoCo

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Mon Nov 12 14:33:08 EST 2007

On  11  Nov 2007, at 7:15 AM, Derek wrote:

> I am looking for pin out and a parts list for adapting a PS-2 mouse
> for use on my CoCo 3. I have a PS-2 Mouse and the DIN plug for the
> coco joystick port.
>
> Is it just a matter of cutting the end off the PS-2 mouse and
> soldering the correct wires to the coco DIN plug ends? Would I need
> any resistors or other parts in-line to get it functional?

Not what you are thinking of at all, but you could plug the mouse
into a PS/2 to serial converter, then use another adapter to connect
that to a (hardware) serial port on the CoCo, and use one of the CoCo
serial mouse drivers with it.  To connect it into the joystick port
would require a fair amount of work.