[Coco] archivers was Re: Glenside IDE

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Nov 11 06:19:06 EST 2007

>Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:45:39 +0000
>From: Manny <cocolist at invigorated.org>

>I was under the (wrong) assumption that older archivers were made with
>limited space in mind, so they would at least try and compress what was
>being thrown in to the archive to save some much needed space.

Heh.  Space was limited, but CPU was even more limited.  The good ol'
days... ;-)

The one that confuses me is "The Compressor" under CoCo Disk
BASIC.  It calls itself a compressor, but I've looked through the
files it creates and there's d*mn little (if any) compression going
on.

>Ya got me, and I worked with them for years!

Not that I know anything about Macs...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA