[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: eBay seller gustavus1

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Sat Nov 10 22:45:58 EST 2007

See, THIS kind of drivel is what drives me insane about eBay buyers....
If you do NOT sell continuously on eBay, then you have NO CLUE whatsoever.

WHY would you even ASK a question like that! If you don't like the shipping amount, move along to the next item.

And...let's be real....and THIS comes from EXPERIENCE.
It does NOT cost $1.97, I don't care WHAT it is.
What about the packing materials?Peanuts cost $65 for a bag, 8.5x11 mailers cost like $12/per 10, and boxes - those aren't free either
Packing tape isn't free, last time I checked..
What about the time packing?
Buying labels to print out the payPal shipping label? Those are like $40 for 200 labels.
Of course, printing those labels requires using ink or toner, and that is not free as well.

What about the time to drive to actually ship it?
Ever waited in line at a PO in a metro area? When I ship, I know I'm I for at least 1.5-2 hours

So, bottom line, you want an item for $1, and $1.97 shipping?
That won;t happen - costs less to throw the stuff away. In the meantime, all the good stuff will be chased away to landfills,
because someone was too cheap to throw a $7 bone to a guy, so it's not a total waste of time to sell it.

Remember those 3 CoCo1's I sold, that went for $0.99? After eBay, paypal, and shipping fees, I lost about $10 on that deal.

And then you have to deal with 100 STUPID questions - I just got a good one 3 days ago:
"Do i combine shipping."

Well, yes, sure I do! Eexcept, I only have *ONE* item listed, so what the heck are you going to combine it with???

Moral of the story: Unless you sell alot on eBay, you really have no place commenting - period.

BTW, I asked him a couple questions, including if he combines shipping, and got very courteous responses, even wishing me a nice day.

Maybe it was HOW the question was asked, rather that the fact the question was asked.

Tony