[Coco] Glenside IDE Hard Drive Interface --- HOW-TO

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 5 10:46:16 EST 2007

Robert Gault wrote:
><snip>
> Just looked and the makedesc.txt is a patch for the Basic09 source, not
> the full program. The glensd10.zip, which ought to be the working disk,
> contains a corrupted dsk image but probably is not the current version.
>
> Udpt1030.lzh seems to be the file needed but can only be expanded with a
> Coco OS-9 archive program not distributed with NitrOS-9. I expanded it
> with lha and found that makedsc.bas, the source for the .b09 program in
> question, must be patched with the info in the above makedesc.txt.
>
> A text file in the lzh archive states that the Basic program need 32K of
> data space. That memory can be allocated when starting Basic09 or from
> within Basic09.

Just packed the makedesc.bas program from the lzh archive and tried to
run it. While the program seems to work OK from within Basic09, it
generates the 43 error as packed Basic09 i-code. That's both with
syscall in the cmds directory and preloaded into memory.

Something strange going on here. Most likely thing I can think of is
that error-43 is being generated by the program itself because I don't
have a Glenside IDE controller. If that is the case, the program should
not generate errors already assigned to OS-9.