[Coco] Glenside IDE Hard Drive Interface --- HOW-TO

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Nov 5 05:52:48 EST 2007

>From: "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com>
>Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:43:33 +1000

>For the life of me, I don't understand why the source code wasn't supplied
>in packed form in the first place, *unless* it was meant to be modified by
>the end user, which is IMHO not a good situation.

The Glenside IDE stuff is in a dreadful mess, and I didn't quite
realize how bad it is.

I'm not sure why makedesc was distributed as source only in Boyle's
original Beta2 release, but it seems to have become tradition.

Right now I'm trying to get my hands on the souce code for the
drivers.  When/if I get that, I'm going to make a single archive that
has the newest versions of everything, a "packed" version of makedesc,
and expanded instructions.

>TO ALL:
>Are there any users here which have done what Randy is trying to do with the
>Glenside IDE controller software?

Yeah, I'm working with him on it.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org